Monday

munterhunter

Decided to take monday off as weather forecast looked like a force 3 dropping but by midday was a force 4 maybe 5. Tried drifting for maccy with only 2 after an hour on the patch with a relaitively large swale. Decided to move over to ballard for some shelter picked up a pot @200 yds of old harry just before tide started to flood was on a bank from 20ft to 30ft so looked promising however 10 mins after getting baitts down 2 pot boats are heading straight at us so not to pi## them of if it is their pot, we pull our line and go on the drift I manage a 3lb 8oz wrasse and a 3lb 12oz wrasse wind slackens so head back to the patch on the drift for maccy and have baits down manage a 2lb bass on worm which nearly took my spinning rod over the boat when it hit the bait. Manage a handful of maccy and one scad on the feathers and shed loads of missed bites (small bream/small maccy?). Wind picks up so shoot in the harbour to drift for schoolies over high water I manage 1 then drifted castle for wrasse and we managed 15 or so before calling it a day.

Not the day we had wished for, hopefully some "smooth" sea states will be here soon.