My Tackle -OOOH ERRRR

Member Removed

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for the advice on where to fish. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a muppet (no pun intended) when it comes to boat tackle. I am and experienced coarse angler and I do a bit of shore fishing, but boats (hmmmmm bit stuck here).

I fancy a bit of bream fishing on the outer patch as discussed. I plan to use a 9ft 15lb class boat road with either my penn 525gs or sl30sh. Please advise on rig and bait (you mentioned squid was best for bream (strips?). Also does the outer patch fish whatever the tidal state? Please really do go into the basics!!! ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Many thanks in advance.

What a nice bunch you are!

Where the tide is light (Poole patches) and/or if your drifting rig as though you were ledgering for Carp. Infact a carp outfit is good for most light sea fishing.

For the period of slack water re rig to a paternoster with the hook link about 18" to 2ft above the lead.

A VERY good method with a carp outfit is to fish UPTIDE from the anchored boat.

Get some 2 to 4oz leads with those spikes on them (ask for uptide leads)> Rig them as a running ledger with the weight on a short running boom and a hook trace of about 2ft to 3ft.

To fish cast WELL forward of the nose of the boat as it lies to the anchor at an angle of about 10 o'clock to the boats nose at 12o'clock. Immediately let the line to continue to run out after the rig hits the water and continue to do so untill a large belly of line has formed and the line from the rod tip is streaming behind the boat. Engage the clutch on the reel. Put the rod DOWN!! and scratch your horlicks or whatever there is nowt else to do.

A bite is anything that looks like the lead has lifted off and come free (usualy the rod tip nods and then comes up and the line goes slack). Reel in like MAD (don't bother to strike the fish is already there) untill you feel the fish..........

Mike

(Quote.....What a nice bunch you are!)

Only 'till we've hooked you in to the brotherhood. Then it's all pagan rites and bag of chips. ph34r.gif