Fitting A Towbar

Coddy

Coddy,

The place I use ( and I have had 3 fitted by them now, and the local Honda dealer told me I would be better off having my towbar fitted by them than a dealer fitted one ) is Amrose Trailers on Barrack Road.

Top notch.

Also, check the price you can get the towbar online first and then you have an idea what they are charging for fitting. :-

http://www.towequipe.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Just a footnote....might be of interest

My last towbar was fitted to a company passat, and when I changed it, the towbar simply unbolted from the pre-designed lugs. OK, so I had to take the rear bumper and trim off...

but I wasnt very impressed with how the electris had been patched into the loom using scotchlocks.

whole job took less than an hour even with my primitive tools.

I'd be surprised if any modern car (european designed) didnt have the fixings somewhere under the car.

So if you see a second hand one, dont be afraid to buy it..

Paul

Hi all

Thanks for everyones suggestions for getting a towbar fitted.

Just for interest;

One could not supply a towbar for the Volvo! blink.gif

The others were all fairly matched on prices, the most exspensive was Towbar Centre and the cheapest was Towsure at Southampton.

Although I was not paying, nice to get the company to pay biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif , I went to Towsure today and saved approx