Round The Island Race

Mike Fox

The annual mayhem of the Round the Island Race takes place on Saturday 23rd June.

http://www.roundtheisland.org.uk/web/code/...hp?section=home

This is a very good day to avoid the Solent in my experience, unless planning a session in EXTREMELY shallow water (where they can't get you).

Before you ask, we're not entering, never have, and probably never will!

Mike

This is a very good day to avoid the Solent in my experience, unless planning a session in EXTREMELY shallow water (where they can't get you).

Before you ask, we're not entering, never have, and probably never will!

Mike

Mike they will still try their best!

The Birmingham Navy is bad enough, but the Birmingham Navy, WAFi style, all fired up with 4knots of high speed racing adrenalin is a true sight to behold.

No he meant Wafi's. You and yours Mr Fox have the unique and well justified position of being a sane and sensible Motorboat/Fisherman dude, that carries a mast and sails purely for the dubious status they might inspire at Cowes or Newtown Creek. "Ai see may min, is that a mickirill one has caught?"

Mad Mike

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif so funny to see motorboaters despise for yachties, and knowing exactly the same thing happens the other way round ( look at him with patio doors... is there any need for such a wake!)

interesing to see as im a yachtie at heart, but recently converted to power in the interests of conveniance! unsure.gif just dont want to start a witch hunt! tongue.gif

Quote: "mickrill"... ohmy.giflaugh.gif that is exactly what my southafrican headmaster would say! lma0o

Dan

Edited by djredrupp