Tuesday 1st Lymington

Newboy

First bream trip of the year on board Tomkat.

Was a little apprenhensive when I got up, the trees were waving like a madman with an axe. Got down to Lymington and the wind was no better.

Made it to the Ledge in one piece just a little wetter dry.gif . With the last of the flood, first drop down I had a garfish, maybe it's a good omen, I can at least bag up on mackerals. 5 minutes laster, first bream was on board, not a monster but around 3 lbs, a healthy male. That was the sport we had in the 30 minutes before slack water.

Over slack there was nothing showing except the wind pushed the boat all over the place, 3 of us lot about 8 leads so we just stopped fishing and had something to eat and a cuppa.

As soon as the ebb starts we loaded our rigs and sent them down, with the help of ground baits regularly, we boated 19 breams, all male except 3, nothing smaller than 2 1/2, even the females, one was weighted in at 3 1/2 lb.

The bigger fish of the day feel to my spinning rod with a fixed spool, took a while to get that in as it wasn't gonna to give up without a fight. I knew it was a big fish, first I thought it was a small bass cos it didn't shake like a bream, it took yards and yards of line before the obvious head shaking. In the net and on board it weighted dead on 5 lb, I was well chuffed cool.gif . Tried allday, but not even one mackeral, did managed to get 2 more garfish tho.

The sea was rough, and wind agaist tide in the morning wasn't nice, I was sick over the side sick.gif , something I haven't done for a little while.

Can't wait to get back out in 2 weeks time.