Fisheries 2027 –

Maverick Martin

Makes all the right sounds and they are after our thoughts on what they want to achieve.

Does imply that anglers will have to share in the cost of implementing measures, which I am personally happy to do, provided that a "level playing field" is achieved ( and it does state this as and objective as well ).

The cynical side of me thinks it will be scuppered by not taking the measure necessary ( as is currently the case ).

Am concerned about the grouping of recreational anglers with commercial fishermen and fishfarmers both of whom make profit from fish.

Are they classifying a recreational angler as a charter skipper, if so where do we guys fit in the giant scheme of things?

By we guys I mean those of us who make no commercial profit only losses from our hobby.

I think the true recreational angler may tend to get a raw deal unless he states his case within the next month or so.

Paul has mentioned the "Level Playing Field" It doesnt just apply to the competition from the EU countries.

This could end up biased against the " recreational angling masses" who would would end up subsidising the few.

It would be interesting to see which areas of the coast are considered the subject of Partial or Total Fishing Bans and would these include the banning of Angling with Rod and Line.

Why is it I have an inherent distrust of any Government or Affiliated Department??????

Even When they are trying to do some good!!!