New Mould

Swainiac

I would suggest that a Coleman is all anyone needs, unless you are going to make them commercially

I totally agree with Adam on this, I use a Coleman and it's the best non commercial method available plus it allows you to mould them outside. Best place to do it, as breathing lead vapours in the kitchen is not a good idea unless you want your brains to run out of your nostrils.

Gordon H

Just how harmful is lead?

I don't know for sure, but I do know that someone at the engineering firm where my missus used to work had to be treated for lead poisoning recently and has made a good recovery. I don't think he had it from making weights though.

Those of you using pressure stoves - if you can get one that burns paraffin as well as petrol, then use paraffin as it burns hotter, even if it is a bit messier.

I'm amazed the burn temp of propane is only 10degrees higher than butane. Perhaps the benefits are in the lower boiling point resulting in better cold weather performance?

It'd be interesting to try burning acetylene instead of propane though....... wink.gif