Comp Chinese Whispers

Swainiac

Had to giggle to myself on reading the catch reports for the comp, on getting in last night from my arduous days angling and eating with my lardy mate Mark.

There was us drifting steadily for Bass in the Race, .......when the phones go.......chinese whisper style......."Bugger, He's only got a 30lb cod!!!! Thats fish of the month sorted then!!!!"

Only to read the forum and its shrunk to 13lber!!!

Im just glad we decided to get the frying pan out and drown our sorrows with another Wild Boar burger, and egg and bacon sarnie. Cant have the lardy boys wasting away now can we???

Still a good fish for an early season Cod, well done!!

Rich

don't know about these whispers but sitting here in Edinburgh I heard about one of 14 1/2lb weighed in at the shop over the weekend - is this the same fish?

are we absolutely sure it's a cod and not a new club record whiting? rolleyes.gif

whatever - nice catch; didn't get one myself last winter and we all know how rare they were for the last couple of seasons.

indeed it is - what with telephones and the internet!

in this case it was of course assisted by the first decent weekends weather for a long long time and a desire (from one who was tied to a stove/bbq/hog pit for the weekend) to find out what's happening as a prelude to the Open............

I am assuming that Rich didn't manage much of his much vaunted 'hit list' - probably trying to ditch the gay badger tag!

At this rate the Open will be anchored up with 20 calamari on a pennel and a few bevies whilst waiting for that monster to turn up........... sad.gif

Dunc, we did manage nine species, well Mark squeaked out nine, I squeaked out eight, and a pretty good score considering it was the last species hunt. I think we were first and second wink.gif

Rich

Ps I think I can still hold the Gay Badger tag.

PPS Mark is lardier than me...............................................JUST! laugh.gif