Cheap, basic GPS...

domino

I've still not resolved the problem with my chart plotter (Vision 07 not recieving)... it worked perfectly all day on Friday... and then yesterday - Nothing!

So, as the plotter has the ability to work with an external GPS source.....

I'm looking for a CHEAP, second hand basic fixed GPS unit, so long as it has a NMEA 0183 output.

Whippet,

I assume you remove the plotter after each trip. So you will be connecting and disconnecting the aerial lead each time.

If it worked on Friday but not on Saturday it suggests again that there is something wrong with the aerial connection, either in the plug itself, the cable, or the connection in the plotter.

It is usually the connector that has a problem. Have you taken it apart and had a look? A few things can cause a problem:

- corrosion or salt crystals inside the plug that prevents a proper earth.

- corrosion or salt crystals on the center pin which prevents a proper connection.

- the center pin is not properly soldered to the central wire of the coax cable.

- a short from earth to the central pin, usually caused by stray strands of the copper earth braid that surrounds the cable.

Bob F.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trev rowlands
I've still not resolved the problem with my chart plotter (Vision 07 not recieving)... it worked perfectly all day on Friday... and then yesterday - Nothing!

So, as the plotter has the ability to work with an external GPS source.....

I'm looking for a CHEAP, second hand basic fixed GPS unit, so long as it has a NMEA 0183 output.

[FOgNT=Arial] :lol: garmin gps 50 fixed set interested speak to me sunday on bream comp boat name tressillion .