Carp Rods ????

Shropfisher

there only using the carp rods for drifting for bass when u dont have to use heavy weights, upto 3oz max. They seem to just use it when floatfishing for them, as the long rod can pick up and hold alot of line off the water, so u are in direct contact with the float, allowing you to mend the line as you go, and making the rig fish to its max. Some of the top bass lads in here (namely the aqua fresh boys) even scale down from a carp rod to barbel rods with a pound testcurve, just so they can increase the sport. With the amount they catch, who's to argue wink.gif If you are drifting on the bottom, a normal 8-12lb class boat rod would do the trick. Spinning/plugging and feathering also great on a carprod.

I am currently quite chuffed. On my way home from Scotland, I popped into my local freshwater tackle shop to see if they had this very item The only ones they had were 12 ft long and 21/2lb plus test curve. I wanted 11 ft and 21/4lb test curve. However, his wife sparked up that she had just found in the back of the store room an Abu 11ft 21/4lb test curve rod and as it was no longer made and therefore old stock, had marked it up for