Shark Tournament

alankirby

As far as the shark fesitval is concerned, it may not make a major difference to shark numbers as they argue, but at best it's just crass. Maybe the kids could go to a fish market for the educational side of it?

Is there any body we could lobby from over here against this sort of thing in the US, after all it's our porbies and blues they are killing (according to the shark programme I saw last week.)

Kam, more as a matter of interest than a political point - when I was in upstate New York I was taken to see a new venture - it was a buffalo ranch where the beasts were bred then released into a thousand acre paddock to be shot from 4wds. I've worked dogs for years and seen a lot of creatures shot but nothing prepares you for that!

But then we do breed and release millions of pheasants to shoot here - and I love to work my dog on these shoot days, so I guess were all the same but different. Of course just bigger in the US!