Abu Suveran Pro Rods

crazy fred

Well all i can say is don't buy these rods!!. I have five of these rods which are exellent but on enquiring about a new top eye for a 5 week old 12-20 i was informed by abu customer services that no spares are available for these rods. The man on the other end of the phone whose name was john tel 08450500093 told me to take the rod back and get it exchanged as no spare parts are available, so later that day i returned it to poole angling centre to be told they were sending me down a second hand top eye off of a rod that had been returned to customer services to repair mine.

On hearing this i have informed poole angling centre that they either give me a new rod or a full refund , and if i have no joy there i will get the joy of draging them through the small claims court .Under the sale of goods act as it is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold and my argument is with the shop not the wholesalers .So it seems that once the rod is a year old you can kiss sanferryann too getting any spare parts ie broken rings, not good for rods with a rec retail price of of

Edited by crazy fred

How did you damage yours?

I have the 3 piece boat/uptide with the extendable handle for about a year now, good rod, fairly tippy but lots of back bone. What I like about it is that the fact I only need carry this rod with a mag 535 and the combo covers all (almost) fishing.

I used to work at Loni's AC in New Milton and they had a Abu dealer who was good as gold, if there was ever any probs with their gear you could just take it back to the shop (Loni's AC) an they would replace it with another one and then would send this back to Abu to be fixed and presumably sold again elsewhere.

Get in touch with Abu again and tell them whats happened, they should be able to point you in the right direction as to how to get this done free of charge!

Dom