Hide And Seek

crazy fred

Well we've geard the boat up ready, speaciality baits , crab essence boily's and other wierd hair rigged set up's but will we find the cod.

The weather looks cold with a fresh southerly comming in the afternoon.Will be heading out to get slack water 14 miles off to fish for 11/2 hours and leg it to the isle of wight, get inshore out of the tide and hope for the best, hope the next report is a winning one ,so good luck one and all after us that is no tommy this trip fancy's his luck on illusion!

Fred

One of the guys I often see launching at Wick uses boilies for cod...he said he tried it last year on a spare rod, just whacked on a string of 8+ 32mm fishy boilies and wedged the rod up near the wheel house....they forgot about it all day and after using countless pounds of fresh squid and cuttle were astounded when just before they left for home, they hear a screaming drag...look round to see the spare rod doubled over - 20lb plus cod!

Never got round to trying it myself though....

To be fair though would you use them?

I wouldnt even though im a carp angler at heart i would prefer using a fat squid or a macky rather than a few boilies on a poxy hair rig.

No reason why it shouldnt work but one of my mates Rick has tried this a few times on a spare rod and not even had a nibble form a Doggy or Pout.

Nah i'll stick to using a live joey or a bunch of stinking squid.

Dom