The Results

JIMBOB

Well what a nail biter ohmy.gif That was definitely the most intense match ive ever fished.

A slight correction on the results via Adam, Jim Wippy had a fair lead at the end with about a 25 point lead. As of the last five minutes of the match I had 76 points, Steve Daley was on 75 pionts and Mick T was on 71, and we all were still catching fish. Mick and myself even swang in bream on the whistle ohmy.gifohmy.gif and it was that close, no one knew who second was until the presentation......6 hours later!

As it turned out it was just 1 bream between 2nd, 3rd and 4th place and with nearly 200 sizeable fish recorded, with 9 different species, also with dozens of under size fish aswell it was a fair effort by all.

The most disappointing thing for me was all the if onlys, I lost 2 or 3 good bream waiting for the net, ( having a double hooker of 2lb+ bream at the surface on 12lb fluro in a big sea wasnt easy!! ohmy.gif). Then a few dropped swinging them in and those dozens of just under sized Bream mad.gif................. But we were all in the same boat wink.gifbiggrin.gif

As for Jim he is a fantasic angler who is very professional and a deserved winner and it was very good of him to pass on the prize. Suzuki did soften the blow by giving him an Aux engine to go on his boat.

For the non winners the Island and the food softened the blow; - Fillet steak, Sole, Mussles, Full english breakfast every day tongue.gifbiggrin.gif .........fantastic food and great company the other finalists were all a super bunch of guys.

As for the crossing home mad.gif

- cancelled ferries

- returning to the wrong port (Portsmouth instead of Weymouth)

- ferries packed to bursting = no sleep

- courtesy bus sent to wrong port (Poole instead of Portsmouth (well they both begin with Po I suppose!)) and arrived three hours late to collect us from Portsmouth to take us back to Weymouth where our car keys had been lost!!

Fingers crossed for next year.

James