Live Eels

Gnasher

is there any suppliers of live eels close to New Milton? If so what would i be espected to pay? Also how long to they keep in a tank?

I think these will put me in with a better chance of a bass then a joey, as the little bass may have a go, and with me being a bass blanker, a few schoolies will to do nicely to get the confidence up. What is the best size hook to fish these on/trace length etc? I think they will be fished on a portland rig with fluro carbon. Anyone favour snood strengths? 15lb?

thanks

Dan

Same songsheet similar song.Andy and I have tried to get live sandeel in Poole without success.We were told we could get them on the quay,but they always say,either they havent any [although you can see them in the tank[,or they are for the charter boats. we would try to catch or net our own if we knew where to get them. If cautious reply required,a PM would do nicely.....jack

Sorry Martin.I did.nt realise that your Alec and sam's Alex where the same chap.I will use the phone when required, Questions; Will he supply,say,a couple of dozen,and will he supply on a Sunday or will I need to collect in advance and keep them alive until reqd.....Looks like major bait tank production lined up !...PS. Andy says that the battery situaton is,as you surmised,and although he draws the line at keeping the deck wash running continually whilst drifting or at anchor,he is prepared to let me blast frequently,useing the method you suggest...cheers again..jack

post-5-1124031429.gif

when i last met him he supplied as small amount as 10 and you can normally pick up on the day unless early morning all it needs is a bucket, lid and stick some holes in it and stick it over the back of your boat this will keep them alive we use an old washing machine drum left on the mooring.

sam