Live Bait Tank

Wedger

Found it. At the boat show, there's a guy who sell it. It's a pipe about 5' long with a one way value on one side. Same principle as Wedger said, it draws water upward or in your case it stops water from draining away. Not sure how water tight, but he pulled it out of the bucket and it show very little drips. The thick hose (bilge pump hose size) is

Sorry didn't look at any ff, as I wasn't in the market for one. There are lots and judging by some of the other chandleries bits and bobs the price should be good. I bought other boat's stuff at cheaper than boat jumbles prices.

I did see a feet peddling kayat smile.gif not sure how fast it can go tho.

• 5 months later...

Just for info for you guys, I use a Jabsco 'water puppy' to feed my 2 baitwells on my MI, each of which is about 6 gallon capacity. The pump draws 8 amps, so after about 3 long drifts for flatties on the Schole with the engine off, the battery voltage will be about 11.6V with the pump on, not enough to crank the engine. Turning the pump off normally gives enough voltage to start her up, but failing that I switch on the other battery. I can keep mackerel alive all day long with this setup.