Where#2

Afishionado

We, a bit of advice from the fish catching gurus amongst you please.

We went out last week with dreams of giant tope around the Durlston head area but ended up in LSD hell. We then moved to drift along the Branksome to B'mth pier area in line with the Outer Poole patch and had bream, gurnard and guess what? LSD!. Oh, and we also saw a huge Sun Fish waving along just off the stern smile.gif

Any way, as we used an inordinate amount of fuel thrashing around. I am looking for a better (more fish ? smile.gif ) mark out of Poole (we launch at Cobbs). Probably eastward this week. Any suggestions for our trip? Southbourn rough? Also Christchurch ledge area from Poole? Feasable? This X Ray spot? what are the marks for Mk1 eyball 'cos I still have no bl00dy idea how to use the Garmin ? blink.gif

Regards and thanks

Mad Mike

Mike,

With bigger tides this weekend............ you'll find a variety of action [ and not too many LSD] along the stretch from Hengistbury Lookout along to the Groyne; not far out there's deep water but in my experience the tide needs to be flooding.

Tight lines,

Alun.

Mike,

With bigger tides this weekend............ you'll find a variety of action [ and not too many LSD] along the stretch from Hengistbury Lookout along to the Groyne; not far out there's deep water but in my experience the tide needs to be flooding.

Tight lines,

Alun.

smile.gif thanks Alun

Mike

Mike,

You can have the numbers for Xray if you like - but youll need the garmin as it is only a small mark. Same for Southbourne rough - we fished here on Sunday and it was like fishing an aquarium!

IF you want tope - go west, but tides are a bit big this weekend. Youll need to go a little further than Durlston, head 2/3 miles off the Anvil.

PM me if you want numbers.

Adam