Tope Traces

Seamouse

Would you like me to get you a spool and post it to you?

Adam

Hi Adam,

That'd be great, or if you let me know where it came from I could order it direct? I'd be looking at the lower b.s.

Are you guys still interested in visiting Selsey at some time? May is likely to be the most productive month. I'm hoping to be launching from Langstone a few times in April and May, if anyone expresses an interest in joining us I'd be happy to show them a few marks.

Steve

I got it from my local shop - ill have a look over the weekend and get you a spool.

I am responsible for organising the club trail-aways, and yes would consider a trip to Langstone.....not for the plaice though - from the reports I have heard over the past few years it seems as though the plaice fishing at Portsmouth area is as poor as Poole bay - I think most of us will stick to Weymouth!

Would be interested in fish Utopia and such areas though??

I got it from my local shop - ill have a look over the weekend and get you a spool.

I am responsible for organising the club trail-aways, and yes would consider a trip to Langstone.....not for the plaice though - from the reports I have heard over the past few years it seems as though the plaice fishing at Portsmouth area is as poor as Poole bay - I think most of us will stick to Weymouth!

Would be interested in fish Utopia and such areas though??

Hi Adam,

Thanks re. the braid, PM me an address and I'll send cash and a SAE.

Plaice fishing off Eastney is grim, don't even think about it!

Utopia has a good name for tope and seems to be a general area rather than a specific mark, I've been given numbers several miles apart under that name. It has a fair head of hounds as well but is only fishable on smaller tides. There's good hounds inshore, bream too but you folks have plenty of them anyway smile.gif

I use the Eastney slip into Langstone. Launch all tide states, plenty parking, about 8 quid for a day ticket. The downside is that it is a good haul over to Selsey, about 12 miles. As I said, if any of the trailer section want to play I'd be happy to buddy them. For a Trailaway, I could try and get a few of the IAC boats involved but speak to Codfather, he knows the area and should be able to offer an opinion whether it is sufficiently different to Poole to be worth an excursion.

Steve

my dad used to fish portsmouth when he lived there

i am coming up in may for my birthday for the tope and hounds hopefully.

can you recommend any good charter boats

Hi Sam,

Try Bessie Vee (Spike Spears) or Barry on Cobra. Both have a name for tope/hounds. I'm not much more than a novice but you and your Dad'd be welcome on Lookfar if dates tie up.

Steve