Weekend tides

boybilly

tongue.giftongue.gif Here we go then folks. This weekend is one of the biggest tides of the year, it will bring a lot of the spring species in with it. Plaice, Bream, Smoothies to name a few. As the water warms they will turn to breeding and start a feeding frenzy. Can,t wait for the Bream to kick off. When do they start up your end? What about smoothies? Early April here hopefully. Glen Milligan has some interesting observations in this months BFM about light tackle so I will be giving them a shot ready for the comp season. The coloured lead idea we used the end of last year and it does work, especially for Bream and Doggies. Also found some really tiny luminous floating beads so they are up for a test run. First impression of the new solid carbon boat rod, a bit light in the handle. It really creaked when put under strain. However, the proof will be in the boat. I have a deep hole trip begining of May so I will give one a run out and pass on my observations. They are very light though. Tight lines folks, All the best, BB