Not easy

Maverick Martin

Down to Rockley at 8am for a lazy start with Phil Trevett. Tide was a little lower than expected but still just managed to scrape through Rockley channel and out into the harbour proper.  Our plan was to go to Dancing ledge for a few Bream.  Well getting there went to plan but it was very quite on the fishing front.  I managed 5 or 6 Bream before Phil started to interrogate me on my rig and tactics.  My chosen rig for the day was a one up one down with all fish so far coming on the up hook.  Phil pinched a few bits from my box and on his next drop he got a Bream on the down hook, sods law really but after a bit of banter his subsequent fish came on the top hook.

We ended the day with 5 species of fish and around 12 Bream the best to me at about 2lb-12oz.  Not the best days Bream fishing I have encountered but the sun was out the sea calm and the company ok so all in all a good day in my book.