Plenty there.......

alun j.

Grabbed a few hours on the flat calm sea before all the water ran away off the Christchurch Bar ........

Saw several little groups around the bay , and beyond , ....... but not being a herd animal...... struck out on my own....... for a bit of exploring.

First tried some deep water [22m.] near the end of the Ledge.... but there was almost no tide as it was coming to 1st. high ..... predictable.... doggies !!

Moved out towards Clan Mcvey wreck...... and ran across an interesting patch of bottom about 1/2 way there from previous spot....... several pot buoys still about , and in between a little patch of rough ground that came up nearly 2 m. Gave it a go on both sides [ up / down tide] ....... more doggies..... then one nice blonde.

Confused by lack of whiting at all three spots I then went back to the lookout / X-ray area to fish the start of the ebb ....... and within minutes was into a steady stream of whiting.... a lot of little ones .... but still got more than a dozen decent ones before thoughts of shallow water sent me in. [ just in time...... with over an hour and a half before low water !!]

Has anyone else found whiting here on the flood ....... I only seem to find them on the ebb??

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow ..... esp. those excited by competition !

There's hardly any swell ...... even if the wind does come up a bit, shouldn't be too uncomfortable.

I'll look forward to reading the results on postings.

Cheers, Alun.