dogfish

Guest Guest

sorry to push in on your forum, have been reading posts for sometime now and notice that the dogfish appears to be treated as a bit of a pest by you guys,

i was wondering if anybody would devulge any information on were i could catch them within a few miles of Weymouth harbour, and please no "just chuck it over the side anywhere" have tried that with no luck.

exellent website keep up the good work

thanks peter.

tongue.gif Peter, Do you know Chequers in Portland harbour or second entrance as it is sometimes called? If so get on the outside of the wall and go towards the Hood for about 100 mtrs. There is a concrete building on the wall. Go straight out for 150mtrs, drop your pick and haul them in. If you have a fishfinder just make sure you are on flat ground and you cannot go wrong. However you may find that squid works better than fish sometimes. BB cool.gif

tongue.gif PS Why dont you join the club Peter? I live in Weymouth and thoroughly enjoy fishing the comps. You couldn,t wish for a nicer bunch than these lads. The big thing is the sharing of info. A lot of fishermen feel as though some marks are their personal property. Join in mate, you wont regret it. BB cool.gif

thank you very much for your help, hope to try the area this weekend if weather ok.

is it true that i need a permit to fish inside of the harbour and who do i get the permit from if that is the case.

the resone i have not joined the club is that my boat is very slow and on permanant mooring in weymouth so i am very limited on where i can fish unlike you guys who trailer your boats around differant areas.

with thanks again peter.