Boat Insurance

Member Removed

I need to insure my boat now that it is (almost) ready for action, but also for the time it is on my driveway on a trailer (with wheel clamp). Can anyone recommend an insurer.

One problem I have is that I have been asked what the maximum speed of the boat is, and I have no idea. It is a "Rana 530" 17 foot - semi planning hull - powered by a 50hp Merc. Apparently there is magic speed of 14 or 17 ? (mph ? or knots ?) that dictates the premium rate for the insurance.

Any advice on this subject would be welcome.

Geoff Hall

(Sundowner)

Hi Geoff,

My boat is insured through Cheers Insurance Brokers, and with Royal and Sun Alliance.

www.cheersinsurance.com

Tel. 02089435333

I phoned around and got various prices but these beat everyone else by a mile. When I wanted to upgrade the Insurance to include having the boat on a drying mooring within a boatyard, there was no extra charge, it was just placed on my policy document.

I can highly recommend them although I have not yet had to make a claim (long may that continue).

Hope this helps, Eddie.