Night Work 19-21/05/11

Overrun

Thursday night and parked-up at 18:00, wind gusting to 25kn, didn't look pleasant but doable. Phoned Milo as we'd previously arranged to meet and advised him of the less-than-perfect conditions, said he'd come-on down anyway. 15 minutes later phoned back with car problems and decided to abort. I hung around for another hour then gave it best, not much much fun on your own in a blow. Wind would probably drop out later but then there was work on Friday. Bit cheesed-off after abandoning the Wales Tope meet at the weekend due to weather, but that's fishing weep.gif .

Friday evening and PM from Richie, inquiring as to if I'd been chasing Smut's, said "nearly" sick.gif , and might try overnight if the wind dropped out. He and Lozz were going down for 22:00, couldn't miss out on that, even if it was windy.

Wind obligingly eased after 21:00, sat about in Lozz's camper and caught-up on the recent fishy stories before launching in the last half of the tide, around 23:00. Didn't go far, Lozz getting bites straight-off and Richie seeing the first fish of the night, much chuckling and splashing in the darkness behind biggrin.gif . Weed bordering unfishable, Lozz cursing a couple of missed bites, nothing much doing where I was. Richie into a second, followed by Lozz's first, large female by all accounts, as "pigtails hanging from it's bum" laugh.gif . Finally some action at my end, *

Edited by Overrun

Cracking report too James .... even if some was in "shorthand" so to speak !! laugh.gif

Great to hear from you again mate.....tongue.gif

What has happened to Mark (Zippy), Ben and all the other lads......not heard from them in ages ?? weep.gif

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Those hounds are great fun, they dont half pull hard! biggrin.gif Great nights fishing and from a yak! looks like fun , bet it would be if you hooked a big stinger!:D , its a shame about the weed there tho,

I might well do a night in the solent soon, will have to if this wind dosent go away soon!

James