SATURDAY 14TH MAY

dave007

Hi to you all

I have finally got the engine sorted and hoping to take "Happy Days" out on Saturday .weather permitting!.

Not had any success on the couple previous occasions and wondered if any one will be out so I can shadow them and change my fortune,

I was thinking of staying inside the ferry crossing possibly around aunt Bessy any comments and ideas most welcome

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

There will be plaice on the edges of the main channel there, mainly on ragworm baits.

Any sizeable bass taken will have to be returned if in the nursery area.

Chance of small pollack and wrasse in the Castle area, and there's always a chance of something unusual, such as brill, gurnard or bream.

Frisky might well be out Saturday, amd will keep an eye out for you!

Mike

Hi Dave,

Sunday there will be a small flotilla coming back from Alderney, and there's a separate "thread" on the forum for boats to register for the club Bream Comp on Sunday. You could just stick your name down - it's all done on trust as per rules available elsewhere.

Trust me, if the weather is half-decent, there will be boats everywhere.

If you don't get any takers for a buddy boat, why don't you grab yourself a crew member keen to try a spot of fishing, and plan to head out to Poole Patch or Ballard Down? There will be 20-30 boats at each in all liklihood, and if you can find a clear spot to anchor or drift, there should be a few fish to small pieces of ragworm, squid or mackerel on No 4 hooks fished on the bottom.

I'll probably decide on location on the day, but one of the above is likely.

Best of luck,

Mike

PS I wouldn't burden you with buddying a 6 knot vessel!

Edited by Mike Fox