Sunday morning.....

alun j.

Have just read in horror these reports of the Kimmeridge trip..... those pics. of swells would have seen me making for Lulworth or Weymouth...... even if it meant using the oars.

Only managed a few hours out of a peaceful Christchurch yesterday morning [awkward tide] to fish the top of the tides.

Pleased to find a few mackeral still around ...... but all quiet around the bream spots [ too late in the tide], just a few gars and pollack.

Moved to the edge of the Ledge but the tide was already running west...... making a very uncomfortable pitch into that warm breeze. Took a little while for action, but then got my first blonde ...... just squeezed into my landing net after a spirited fight on my uptider......went about 10 lbs.

Next a fine trigger [ 2 1/4 lbs.], some good size mackeral and a few pout. When the dogfish arrived..... it was time to go...... and get in for lunch before the water ran away.

Looking forward to an evening session on Weds. ....... if the calm weather holds; don't want any swells thank you ...... can't cope with those in the dark !!

Alun.