Kimmeridge 14/03/10

Overrun

Kimmeridge 14/03/10

What a change from the same time last Sunday, when I was standing on the shore at Stratford, Connecticut, staring into Long Island sound and wishing for Kayak. A week of work, in that part of the US, at this time of the year, is quite enough.

Still jet lagged from yesterday, headed down to Kimmeridge, on a glorious early spring morning. Only 1 rod, for plugging, didn't expect to catch anything, ...wouldn't be disappointed. First day out for the new sail, so the plan was to plug'n'paddle down to Worbarrow, then sail back from there.

The NW wind bent around the headland to be due west, making the paddle a slog. Slow progress to Brandy bay. Landed for a break and chill by the water. Not that it was chilly, according to the Garmin, water temp a balmy 74.6

Once again I enjoyed your report/pics and seeing what equipment etc you have on board. The sail bit looks dodgy though, surely could capsize you. No? Look forward to meeting you in June when the whole family will be out and about fishing etc.

Tite lines you Yakkers!

Thanks guys, second time out with a sail, had a breif go back at Zzippys meet off Lake. The sails are no problem in a steady blow, crosswind gets more interesting as does gusty weather. Handy for long trips though.

Yet to experience a big swell at the same time, that'll probably have me in laugh.gif

Excellent report and pictures James, I am hoping to get out in that area when the bream arrive , Good to hear about your sailing exploits too. .

Thanks Ben

Thanks Ben, I'll post an invite as soon it looks promising for Bream, when the club guys begin to catch there's a good chance. Tide there can be challenging but no worse than Hopton! Durley rocks is another spot, although doesn't seem to produce many over 2lb.

Good report James good to read how you guys get on.

We will be trying the ledges in a couple of weeks time, will report back on here and let you know how we fair

Martin

Thanks Martin, we hear that the Giltheads are already beginning to show down Cornwall way, hopefully the first Black Bream will be here locally soon.