Bristol Channel Shore trip

Bob F

Dave, Adam, James, Mark B,

Dave has done the research on the tides for next Tuesday. Looks good for a long day of shore fishing.

Plan is to meet at my house at 6am, in order to be at Layde Bay at 8:00-8:30 to see the marks at low water, and then fish the flood up to high water 13:15 and 3-4 hrs after.

We then have to twiddle our thumbs for a few hours over low water, so it would be a good time to find a pub and have a drink or ten, and something to eat, and then go back to fish the flood upto the 2am high water.

So, you will need to bring some night gear.

The plan is to all go in my car, but if anyone doesn't want to stay for the whole of the session, you will have to take your car as well.

James, can you make it? I hear you might be working on Tuesday now???

Adam, are you able to get hold of fresh or frozen lug from Christchurch Angling?

If so, would you be able to buy enough for me as well for the whole day?

Not sure how much that will be.

Dave will be bringing his own frozen stuff, but if you can get fresh I'm sure he'd want some as well. Dave, please confirm.

Mark, do you have your own beachcaster and reel? If not, I think Adam said he had plently of rods.

Can you all confirm that you can come, and let Adam know if you would like him to get bait for you.

I will be bringing a 6lb box of squid, which should be enough for one person for the day. I assume you all have squid in the freezer.

cheers

Bob F.

Hi Bob

Im ok to go , Mark i have a spare rod rest ,tripod type its ok but if you can borrow a better one all the best.

Hi Adam if you can get some fresh lug i would like some too.

I also think it would be a good idea to all bring a bucket ,to hang beneath your rod rest to give it some weight.

Dave.

Hi Mark,

Top baits are apparently, squid, lug and crab for cod in the channel. So, I'd say that lug was pretty essential. It's a long way and a long day, so we might as well go to the effort of getting the right baits.

Not sure how long we will stay. It depends on the concensus. I have to work on Weds so I don't want to stay all night. Back home at 2-3am would do me, but if the fishing is good I'll want to stay longer. If its dead, we'll come back earlier.

Whats does everyone else think? dry.gif

Bob F.