Flywheel

conger king

can anyone help me iam after a flywheel puller for a seagull silver , so i can replace points ect thanks

You don't really need a puller although that is the 'book way of doing it I have never used one.

Loosen the big nut in the middle of the fly wheel but leave it on the shaft by at least two turns. Get someone else to lift the engine vertically and put a plank of wood underneath the skeg so when the engine drops the skeg will land on something soft. With the engine hovering about an inch up in the air cover the big nut with a bit of waste wood and give it a sharp thump with a lump hammer. It might take two or three strokes but the engine will suddenly drop that inch leaving the person helping holding the fly wheel. THIS ONLY WORKS WITH SEAGULLS!!

as they are built like brick 5hit houses.

Mad Mike

Edited by Afishionado

Totally agree with Mike, hold the flywheel and "tap" the flywheel nut when it is partly undone. NEVER NEVER NEVER USE A PULLER on the flywheel. ohmy.gifohmy.gif

I have repaired and maintained a number of Seagulls and never had a problem with the flywheel coming off.

However if you do have a problem let me know and perhaps we can meet and I will give you a hand.

It is most unusal to have to replace points as they can be filed flat very easily.

Point gap is 20 thou or 0.5mm & plug gap is 35 thou or 0.9mm

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif