August 13th Species Comp

great white

Hi all

just a reminder that the next round of the seasons species comp and our entry in the BFM comp is this SUNDAY 13TH AUGUST

If you are fishing please try and register prior to the event

You can use a reply on this post, email me home or [work up to fri pm] , Pm me, phone my home or mobile

I will not be fishing as the boat is still on the lawn so please do not phone early on Sunday morning.

Tight lines and I hope a few more take part this time

Charlie biggrin.gif

Alan all of the major species count so Mackeral, bass, scad, pollack

your target species plus those that you may catch while feathering for bait all count

the rules however only permit 2 hooks, so after you have enough macs for livebait you may need to use a cut down rig to catch at least 1 more for the comp.

rules allow these two hooks to be two rods one hook each, or one rod and a two hook trace. so you could fish a second rod for other species while chasing the specimen bass, but I would think that would be more trouble than it is worth.

Rules also allow you to fish any 7 hour period between 0600 and 1800, but if possible please nominate the 7 hr period in advance.

Tight lines

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hi All

With the weather forecast looking very poor and so far only two boats confirming they are fishing Pete and I have decided to postpone the competition by 1 week.

The decision has been made early for those that were thinking of taking part and have not yet purchesed bait and taking into account comments made by the Members at the last meeting, that they would rather have a good days fishing and record their catch than just scratch around for small fish.

If you do fancy the weather for a private trip, stay safe and have a good day

Charlie biggrin.gif