Save Tope Fishing!

Coddy

Following Tonys post, I have copied his message here as those who like to fish or target Tope as a species should respond to the consultation.

Save Our Sharks is a group of enthusiastic fishermen who are trying to conserve ALL sharks. smile.gif

I have added a message I received from them here and I ask all member to take the time to send their thoughts to DEFRA. If the worst happens, it would be illegal to ever target Tope again! weep.gif

There is even a sample letter available on the SOS site which you can copy and email to DEFRA

Thanks

Coddy

cool.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

You may have already heard on the grapevine that SOS has finally got the chance to help make the tope a recreational only species. Please look at the new SOS front page for details. here

It is important we get as many anglers, charter skippers, hoteliers, tackle dealers etc... in order to respond to the consultation. To accomplish this we need some help. If you can spare a few hours in helping compile emailing lists, emailing dealers, talking to tackle dealers etc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Whilst the CI debate is going on, so is something nearer to home TOPE!

I have copied an email from "Save our Sharks" you have until 20th October to respond.

If the response is as good as it was for the Bass campain I am sure it will have an impact to those who make the final word.

Please make the effort to respond for option 2 so we ALL can enjoy Tope sport.

Coddy

cool.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

This is just a brief note to keep everybody up to date regarding the tope consultation.

Have you responded yet? Please let us know. So far we know of just 5 from the SOS site. The biggest test we face is angler apathy. If every one assumes, plenty of others will write then option 1 of the consultation will come into effect and there will be no tope in 3-5 years.

We also need to get as many MP