Comeing weather

Afishionado

I've just been looking at the 5 day forcast.........

Friday is forcast to be warmer and sunny with a very gentle northely wind and 1023mb of pressure which has been rising steadily for the previous three days.

I would venture to sugest that a drift or two along the Branksome to/from Boscombe line should produce a plaice or three.

By the way I always use one of those fluttering 'Langstone' spoons baited with rag and find it very effective.

mike

Always with the drift. IMO the ideal drift is one with wind with tide so one is just slower than the flow is taking you, but still going with the tide, I have never had success drifting against the flow.

. I use a running ledger with the spoon about 3ft lower than the swivel at the top end of the trace ( the lead is stopped by a bead at the swivel/trace connection). The trace runs down to a snap swivel (so I can change spoon size/ colour quickly) and the bait is on a sort of mini trace about 2" below the lower edge of the spoon. Lower down 'till the lead bottoms and then wind up so the spoon is just a'flutter over the bottom.

Copper colour, brass colour, silver, and white spoons all have their day.

Once you have seen a 'Langstone' spoon they are easy enough to copy-ish with cutlery spoon heads.

Mike