Abu Reels

Sinbad

Just thought I'd mention by way of this forum the excellent service received from ABU reels agent Pure Fishing UK ltd in supplying spare parts for my reel.

Having taken my ABU mag elite 6500 apart for a service, id broken the clutch release ring, which is the circular ring fitted around the spool which engages in the brass knobby bit which whirls arround when you turn the handle.

I'd noticed it was half broken on disassembly - with one of the lugs sheared off and the bit rattling arround in the interior of the reel, so i finished it off with a awkward prise of the screwdriver, just to be sure. mad.gif

So thinking at least

Paul, I too, have sent a reel across to Pure Fishing, and had good service......that was GOOD SERVICE, as opposed to A good service wink.gif They turned my new 6500LD around very quickly, but after the same geraring problem occured shortly afterwards, I sold that reel, and now stick to my two TLD 5's.

I use a small shop in Kendal Avenue, Southampton, to service my reels now, the ones that are in the too difficult bracket for me to do, and he charges me