Results Of Planing

crazy fred

Well we'd done the planing for two day,s , it was time to put up or shut up.I arrive at the boat yard 5-00am minus '7' that's fresh to say the least. were there early, not because were keen or parts of are brain have been stolen in the night but its the only time the bridge opens before 9-30.

Stan arrives, we load the tackle on the boat which by the way looks like a bloody 6 ton ice cube , all we need are penguins ice skating on the deck, but stan say's thats ok his platinum card will do the trick on the sheets of ice that used to be windows, but i had to join in the fun with my trusty MAKRO card as the platinum couldn't handle it on it's own.We steam down through the bridge at 5-45 and tie up on the quay to tackle up ready for a 7-30 departure. Book in 7-30 and leg it for a mark off the island .The sea is as flat as fred dibnah's hat and the weather has warmed cosiderably.Were fishing by 8-30, launching our fancy bait's, hair rigged squid with crab and mussle boily essence on 6/0 circle hooks, and pennel riggs with j hooks loaded with half a box of squid ! what can resist these festive treats, well as it turned out every bloody cod on the south coast. The congers , pout and dogs thought they were delicious .We had a great day only to find out that a boat 100 yards away came first and another boat 250 yds away had had another cod, so how close were we,perhaps the smell of are baits pushed the fish their way so will we get a share .

So you all have a good new year and lets brake some of those club records. and as for the cod (nill desperandum) ill let you work that one out, tight lines

fred

ps the cod looks a bit surprised what is alex doing ?????

post-3-1135965204.jpg