Adamant Shoal

Mike Y

I am thinking of going fishing on 27th December from Weymouth weather permitting. I thought it might be worth trying the Adamant Shoal for a few whiting - does anyone know at what state of the tide the Adamant fishes best? Are there any particular features/marks or is it just a question of anchoring up somewhere on the bank? Any help would be gratefully received as I would quite like to make it a short sharp trip at the best state of the tide if at all possible.

Thanks

Mike

Adamant is quite easy fishing and you should find good success with big Whiting more or less across the whole bank/s.

Personally, I have found the eastern end of the shoal better than the west.

Across the Adamantand particularly towards the South watch out for long strings of pots which cover the area.

My own favourite Whiting method is a set of small feathers with either a baby squid or a strip of mackeral hanging off them. Fish as light as you want and you should catch plenty right through the tide (although the first and last two hours of the flood have (for me) always been a tad busier).

Don't forget to drop a big pennel squid bait down. There is a slim chance of a cod, but also some seriously big Undualte Ray cruising around with every chance of a 20lb fish.

Tom

Hiya Mike, I fished the Adament on Monday this week, we fished the middle of the ebb, taking over twenty five whiting............many released, keeping only six of the largest, which went to about two and a half pounds.

Rigs were all trailing three hook rigs, bright beads, size 2 hooks, I took fish on both plain worm, worm and squid cocktails, and squid heads cut in half. On gutting one the larger fish, it had a good sized Gar head in its gut!!! Most were feeding on smal poor cod, of which we caught loads!!! A few pout showed their heads, a good sized Tub, two doggies, so all in all, it was a good day. We were the only charter boat out....Flamer, skippered by Colin Penny, and it was a beautifull day. Hope this helps, will look forward to your catch report.

Tight lines......Rich