Artificials

Gnasher

its getting towards that time again when the maccy are dissapearing, although i did mention that there is still some round hurst way.

So the question is, whats the best way to fish artificials for the bass? Plug fishing is a doddle, but just after tips when drifting with a shad or eel. What sort of results will i get drifting rag worm baits or should i stick to the artificials?

I presume i fish a longer trace, but what do i do? Leaving the rod in the rests and dragging the thing along the bottom just dosn't sound right. The plan is to drift the out skirts of hurst this week sometime as there are some good bass reports comming from there.

Dan, we fished the ridges behind freshwater yesterday, weed was horrendous!! I was using stormy eels, on a flying collar eight foot trace, 6/0 hook, and just let this tick along the banks......some of the guys used storm shads, working them hopper style, bouncing them up a few turns, then dropping back down. Both methods have taken Bass there historically, alas none yesterday. The Bass around Hurst seem to more surface/midwater fish, hence plugging will produce results. We've fished livebaits there with results, nothing like the success on the Bridge, or behind on the sandbanks/ridges. It seems that somedays the Bass are there...like the mackeral, sometimes not, and getting the two together is like finding hens teeth this time of year! Tight lines anyway later on.

Rich