Dawn Raiders Day

JIMBOB

Headed out this morning with Adam from xchurch and most fish turned out to be a bit of a struggle.

The mullet were playing hard to get but we did get a couple after an hours trying! I think this was down to the tide or lack of it.

On to the ledge for the end of the ebb, and the pollock this time were hard to find huh.gif ,I think again due to the lack of tide.

This called for plan B my secret Huss mark ph34r.gif this payed off and I quickly bagged 2 huss.

Then we tried a few other spots and managed to winkle out 8 species each in the end ,9 on the boat in total. The main thing I noticed was the lack of bream, last month there were thousands of the little bait robbers on every mark I fished, when today Adam and I had just 1 each! I think this was down to the tide today being like one big slack!

Species tally for the boat:

mullet ,bass, dogs, mackrel, bream, pout, wrasse, pollock and huss.

Made it over to the Island after the comp only for Adam to show me how to catch Bass he had 3 the best going 5lb sick.gif

James

I've been out a few times recently for short trips.............. mainly taking visitors for quick mackerel bash for bbq.

When I have had a chance to put a bait down........... I also have noticed the relative dearth of bream this year , but lots of tope [little ones] in with the usual dogfish [even more abundent than usual]

Not had any triggers yet..........one more chance next weekend, before I'm off to Canada for holiday; so it might be the end of Aug. before I get a few !!

Alun