My Worms And Shads Had Gone Mushy...

Newboy

Just checked my lure box, some of my jelly worm and shads as well as 2 mackeral stormies had mushied and stuck together. Is it age or the warm weather? They were fine on the Ripps trip so must be the last few weeks.

Can we prevent this or not?

Said to be fairly common if the products are of slightly different composition.the chemicals from production re-act to one another. I try to keep each brand separate,and often dust them all with talc.to help keep them apart,seems to work and I tend to keep my lures much longer than other club members due to reasons that I don't intend to bring up here :(jack

Kam, if you stick to storm lures in one box, jellies in another, etc etc, I find that they keep for years. I have jellies I bought at a boat jumble four years ago, they are still fine. I keep all mine in seperate boxes, kindly supplied by my local chinese take away............no wonder I'm a fat boy!

If you need replacements Kam, I have packs of jellies, and two sizes of stormies left from last years States trip, and as I'm off back over there very shortly, I can top up on replacements,

Rich