Rotten Bottom

Newboy

I have found the best (worst) rotten bottoms are after a double onion bhaji and a vindaloo, washed down with several pints of larger and lime. The breaking strain is when others on the boat leap over the side holding their noses shouting "DAIR, ID DEED FRESHD DAIR!!!"

I hope this helps in your search for fishing perfection...........

Mad Mike

Kam, if fishing with a hooklegth of 30lb BS, I would go down to a third BS for the rotten bottom, so a link made up of 10lb BS mono.

As long as you are not casting from the boat Jimbob Style, you will keep your lead, and it will break out if you do get snagged.

If you find that you are getting snagged regularly, on all grounds, say if you leave the tackle down in slack tide and the boat swings, and the lead jams up, just try and reel in the slack line, untill you feel the weight at the point of snag, let off a little, and bounce the lead out, by jerking the rod up and down, or side to side. With practice, you wont give up your leads to Neptune!

Hope this helps,

Rich