Thursday 23rd June

fritchy

Hi

I am hoping to take a day off and go out on Thursday....anyone else going out that day?

The weather looks OK. Looks like the tide will be ebbing most of the day, with low around 4pm.

Anyone got any suggestions where we might get some makerel, and then something a bit more exciting?

All the best, Mike F

Hi Mike,

Southbourne Rough has a good variety of fish, though many seem to be small ones. Keeping on the move will increase variety, I went there both days last weekend, anchoring up produced but mostly the same in any one spot, Doggiesat one, pout at the next , bream at another.

Both days saw the charter boats out there coming to join us ......... they anchored, but didn't stay that long before moving.

Mackerel....... ???........ bit of a mystery........really struggled mto find a few!

Alun.

Many thanks Alun.

The comments on your other thread about makerel are interesting...a couple of weeks ago (out of date info I suppose), we were spinning for makerel at Christchurch Ledge..the person with the heaviest setup caught most...so fingers crossed!

All the best, Mike F