Auxilliary bracket

z1plex

Hi guys,

My boat's pretty well ready to go now.........seems time has evaporated since I got it in it's basic form back in November?, can't even remember the month!, but i've had little option other than make the boat secondary, but hey weep.gif .... anyway I have yet to fix the aux' bracket and i'd like your considered opinion on what to use as a 'wedge' to take out the angle of the transom in order to have the bracket plate virtually flush, or as near as dammit.

Obviously a hard wood or ply is required but marine ply is only available in certain thicknesses, (to get flush the wedge needs to taper from 2" to 0.5" approx) and will require glueing and planing??, any advice gratefully recieved as once that's done i'm more or less there.

Regards to you all,

Duncan.

Hi Duncan,

Glad to hear from you again!! Good news about the boat, cant wait to see it!

I would have to question the need for a wedge - I havent ever seen one used for an Aux bracket??

I think you went for the Samuari didnt you? If so I woudl guess that the transom angle is very similar to the rest of the 'similar' bread, and therefore as a Warrior.

Mine had no wedge, and yes, whilst it sits at a slight angle, when the engine is tilts down on the bracket it is hardly noticable and drives the boat fine.

I would call Seahog just to play safe, but Im 99% confident you wont need one, just bolt on in and away you go - one tip though, I have a small piece of varnished marine ply that has been used inside the transom as a backing plate to take the pressure from the bolts - worth thinking about.

AF

Adam,

Thanks for the advice, I just 'asumed' i'd need one as the angle looks a little too steep......my inexperience shining through !! rolleyes.gif.

I'll make up a backing plate as you suggest and maybe give Arnie a ring at Seahog, nice to think it will go straight on though and I hope it will, the angle does look 'iffy' though!, it's probably me trying to get things too right!

Thanks again,

Duncan.

What a doughnut!.. laugh.gif , on the last boat it had a wedge fitted so I assumed wrong , I should've opened my eyes and had a look 'round first. Thanks for your responses...the bracket is fitted and all works wonderfully well, and yep, sure enough the pin takes out the engine to the required angle. Thanks again guys.

Regards,

Duncan.