Kayak sail testing

seagypsy

Had a chance to try the 1m PA sail out today in gale force 6-7 winds.

Harnessboy and myself met at evening hill in poole harbour about an hour before high tide to have a look at the conditions before rigging up to see what the sails were possible of .

Firstly, even though the conditions were bad we had an onshore wind so eventually we would end up back on the beach.

It was a hard paddle out that got us in a postion to pop the sails up and head around the pier in to whitley lake to join the countless windsurfers. .

The conditions were not ideal for video's but i did my best,

click on image

user posted image

Paul(harnessboy) did have a couple of capsizes which no doubt he will explain better but i didnt manage to film them ;D

click on image

user posted image

It was very easy to get caught out every time the sail went back up almost tipping me in on more than one occasion but after a while we got the hang of it ,

click on image

user posted image

Lots of things learnt today , one being that i have a good knowledge now of the upper limits of my capabilites while using the sail , i have a few adjustments to make too wink.gif

It was a good days sport , , better than sitting at home anyway

Ben