Blue Anchor 10/04/10

Overrun

Second day out on the trot, couldn't miss the weather window. Arrived at Blue Anchor early afternoon, to find Ian (Dizzy) & Adam, and soon followed by Stuart (Oggy), we were all hoping for serious Ray action. The whole world and his wife were out, gave the cafe a miss, resisted the Ice Cream van, knowing that would be one of the first pic's up later!

Very casual set-up, no sign of Lozz, we concluded he'd gone elsewhere. Text and call later revealed that he was 35 miles away, after yet another epic journey from Kent, delayed by a big pile-up on the M25.

Hit the beach at 15:00, sea about as flat as I've seen it there, very slight breeze which later died completely. Soon after anchoring on the reef, Dave (Fishboy) paddled-up, I'd left a discrete gap (honest) to his mark but he elected to go further out. We were all within approx. 200 yards, apart from Ian who was 400 yards further towards Watchet.

user posted image

Dave relaxing

user posted image

Fishing slow on the last of the flood, Lozz finally paddled-up around high water, then went over to Dave. I heard Lozz say

Edited by Overrun

Yes I'll post a 'let's meet' on AA and let you know Ben. I expect they'll show-up at Durley & further out before Kimmeridge, although the average size in past years was better at Kimmeridge. Last year, my first was mid-April off Avon Beach at night! wasn't very big though.

Edited by Overrun