sparky

POOLE BRIDGES AIR DRAFT ....or lack of !

Be aware of bridge signs inaccurate or just not working!

Twin sails going out is correct...........Twin sails coming in is inaccurate by 500mm,  2.4 metre going in , 2.9 metre Holes Bay side!

Old bridge going out the sign is still NOT WORKING ! That,s been out of action for months now, I assume it is PHC responsibility ?

WE pay our harbour dues so why are these not being sorted ?

Who do we contact to complain about this problem, and would the RNLI be able to comment on the matter as it is definitely a safety reason.?

I should have brought it up at tonight's club meeting  but forgot  and Mal wasn't there😕

Totally agree with you Mick Its been faulty for months and seems no-one is interested.

It seems they will be carrying out about 2weeks worth of work on the twin sails bridge at the end of this month a good opportunity to at least get that one sorted .

The old bridge air drafts then become more critical with the twin sails out of order as it has less clearance to squeeze under.😒

Could the club not get involved on this as a safety issue.? Mal?

I know it does not affect all boats as some have to wait for a bridge due to radar arches etc.

There must be quite a few boats in the club than can get under if they know the airdraft , especially the Old Poole Bridge when the TWIN FAILS is faulty!

Thanks Mal, if Richard from Cobbs has an input as well they may get off there arses and think of us boaters and get the signs fixed !

If emails from other members would help I'm sure it would put some pressure on, I for one would do that, hopefully others would too ??

Any reply from Harbour control yet Mal?

With the twin sails being closed for maintenance at the end of the month it makes the air draft displays on both bridges even more critical and definitely a safety concern

I spoke to PHC this morning they said it's not there problem,and that I should speak to the council. After speaking to 2 people in council  they told me they would find the person who deals with this, and phone me back. Still waiting looks like I will be phoning back. Could try and put something in Bournemouth Echo.

Monday 25th February to Monday 11th March 2019 

Jerry when is your boat due to get to Cobbs ?

If you have an access issue it may be worth getting in touch with them (MDL) to offer you a temporary berth elsewhere or even  switch  marina provider either temporarily or permanently. 

Not really helpful I know especially with your long wait for the new boat and the long voyage ahead

8 hours ago, DPD said:

I spoke to PHC this morning they said it's not there problem,and that I should speak to the council. After speaking to 2 people in council  they told me they would find the person who deals with this, and phone me back. Still waiting looks like I will be phoning back. Could try and put something in Bournemouth Echo.

Mr. FOBOFF is working overtime again then !

When dealing with people . . . .Always get their name and write it down.

Not nice when they promise to phone back with no intention of doing so. :(

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, Tiddler said:

Mr. FOBOFF is working overtime again then !

When dealing with people . . . .Always get their name and write it down.

Not nice when they promise to phone back with no intention of doing so. :(

Tom called me back today it was a surprise , and said they would have a boat in the water within the week to check the AIR DRAFT out .  

I heard from PHC, the bridges are nothing to do with them, so I contacted Poole Council.

An engineer will be on site this week to fix the displays.

If contacted by radio, Bridge Control are happy to give the Air Draft.