The birth of a Cat

biggcol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Charlie if you could just send me your bank account details that would help wink.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously though thanks if I get stuck I will give you a shout. I will be pollishing the radar tower this evening which as you know is a mucky job but it helps channel my excitement in to doing something usefull.

Colin biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

We made arrangements with Sean at Cheetha Marine to visit on Fri to sort out a few things with the new Cat (kitten?). We got the 09.00 ferry and were at the yard for 10:45 expecting the boat to be at the finishing workshop, but it wasn't... No problem with that though as Sean took us up to the workshop where the boat is at the moment. The problem we did have though was that we had our nice new shiny Radar Tower with us with the intention to get it fitted....

user posted image

The bl***y roof in the workshop was too low!!!! Never mind it has been built to fold down so it might still be possible to fit it folded. So up on the cabin roof it went and it fitted exactly where it was planned but still not possible to fit it cos the door out of the workshop was the same height as the mast when folded. Never mind I know it fits now.

user posted image

Time to sort out some more bits of the build with Sean, change this, move that.

user posted image

So all that we could do now was get a few more pictures.

user posted image

Then back home.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Maverick

Hi Charlie

How long is a piece of string????? They wont commit to a firm date but hopefully a matter of weeks now. The finishing shop was full of new boats, including an 11mtr,(wow what a boat!!!). We were promised that ours is next in and they were, (in the words of one of the workmen), "dunking the green one this weekend". So all I can say is watch this space....

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Rob it should have been April!!!!

We went to the Cheetah yard on Fri and she is not far off being ready now. We were able to fit the radar tower this time and first fit the rails they were only tacked up but they fit very nicely. We shall bolt them on on the day of collection.

http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/photoalbum/display...e.php?pos=-2481

user posted image

We even have engines and windows now too

http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/photoalbum/display...e.php?pos=-2482

user posted image

We are picking her up 3rd June it could have been a bit earlier but due to other commitments we are unable to get over to the Island.

Not long now watch this space

Colin biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Paul D

We are looking at heading back thurs afternoon. Intend to get over to the island early and just finish off a few basics and do the pretty stuff when we get her home. Yes Adam the rails bring it to just over a mtr.

I will be working out our passage plan in detail over the weekend havn't even checked the tides yet.

Paul if you can't fit in with our passage plan I'm sure we will be out again Fri and would appreciate some photo's if you are about.

Colin

Yes Charlie we can't wait. I have to watch out for the low tide at Ventnor but I shouldn't think it is so far different will look it up soon. I am avoiding planning too much yet 'cos I don't want to get too excited. I have decided to go over again next week and fit the rails and some other bits.

Good luck to all on the Alderney trip. We didn't make it this time but we will be ready for the next one no probs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all from SUNNY SPAIN !!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

For those that were asking I have just worked out our passage plan for THE MAIDEN VOYAGE.

We will be leaving Ventnor on Thurs at 12:00

St Caterines aprox 12:15

Fairway bouy aprox 12:35

The two Cardinal bouys 12:45

somewhere near Southbourne Rough 13:15

All the timings are approx as we haven't been able to test her yet so I have guestimated our cruising speed of 18Knts and we will want to play on the way home rolleyes.gif

Just so you all know who to listen out for BOBLIN 2 is the "NEW" name

That's it for now ...... back out into the sunshine biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Colin and Bobi