Club cod comp..

alun j.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back at work today, for a rest after working at home for three days

Just checked the bournemouth surf report [magic seaweed] website which usually gives a good indication for what we get.

Sat winds peak at 46 MPH

Sunday at 47 MPH

I think the Cod will be left well alone, and I will be working at home again. sad.gif

Charlie

Following week looks a bit better at 14mph (METCHECK)........but even Ben footie could be called off because of the rain we are supposed to be having....... I hope weather improves for you lucky ones..

That should cheer GAS mad.gif up a bit !!

Dave biggrin.gif

Good call Adam

I am afraid we will not make the 29th

That is unless Sam and I can talk HMS Kent into a stop off of Poole. wink.gif

I am joining him onboard at Plymouth, for the last night of his six month deployment and a trip along the coast to Portsmouth.

I hope the weather is better

Charlie biggrin.gif

Don't worry Charlie I'm sure even the press gang has an upper age limit biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I'dsay you are safe.

Colin wink.gif

Thank god for that tongue.gif

I hope that the wind has eased a bit, its been a long time since I last went along the South Coast on a warship.

But 1 day from home after six months away I am sure they will not be letting rough weather keep them from getting to Pompey.

Charlie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Can you believe it ?? It's actually looking promising for next Sunday biggrin.gif !! It might be a bit damp.........but light Westerlies are in the forecast !!

Here's hoping that holds true ...... and the [residual] swell is not too bad.

Will some better weather bring more out to fish the comp.?? .... or are you all busy preparing for Christmas??

Alun.

If the weather really is calming down then I'm certainly going to be taking Fugazi out to fish the competition. Not been out since the last forecast of F3-4 westerly about a month ago. We ended up coming back in a F6 that resulted, in amongst other things, snapping two carbon fibre rods in half including my Super Kenzaki 6-12lb boat rod.

Looking forward to trying out new rod and christening new landing net.

Gordon H