Any one see this?

Afishionado

Printable version

Sailors flee luxury cruiser fire

Two sailors were forced to abandon their cruiser

Two sailors had a lucky escape when their luxury motor cruiser caught fire at sea.

The men made it to the safety of their dinghy and watched as their boat exploded into flames and sank off the Dorset coast near Poole.

They were picked up after their boat sank in Studland Bay on Sunday morning by another vessel. Its passengers had spotted smoke on the horizon.

Their injuries are not known but it is thought they are not serious.

The vessel had to be towed out to sea, amid concerns over two small bottles of potentially-explosive butane gas on board.

Coastguards say the weekend was one of the busiest of the year, with three times the average number of distress calls.

Mad Mike

post-18-1092663347.jpg

I saw a picture on the front page of the Havant Echo of a Speedboat which "exploded" in a ball of flame. First I thought it was the same incident, but now I think it was a different one.

Makes me glad I have given up smoking ohmy.gif

We were there on Jigabyte

Had a call on the radio and Nigel went to check it out ,we were at Ballard at the time.

Got there just before the RNLI Rib arrived. The crew were already aboard another boat so they were transferred onto the rib and taken ashore. Meanwhile the cruiser was drifting and smoking like a good un (good job it were neaps).

We didn't stay to see it explode as we were off fishing for tope, it was about 8am.

Fishing was a bit slow , we got 5 to 12lb