HELLO

Jacksoleman

Hi all,

After joining the forums a few weeks back I have been overwhelmed at the support network offered by everyone on the site, enjoy the banter and tone of the forums and last week knew that the only thing left for me to do was to become a fully paid up member.

With boating and fishing I am at the point most of you have all been. I've dabbled with beachcasting for a few years and enjoyed the odd charter trip and the buzz the "bigger catch" gives. Last year my brother and I bought our first boat which is a fairly old Fletcher Day Boat. 16ft with a 50hp 1988 Johnson Outboard.

Living in Christchurch I have fished in the harbour (with permit of course) and have taken a couple of jaunts out of the run towards what I believe to be the Ledge.

Thanks to Rob Francis I have just had my RNLI sea safety check - great way of making me aware of all the little things that can be done to keep as safe as possible.

Loads of other bits to learn from fishing techniques to understanding the weather charts more than reading a smooth to moderate forecast that delivers waves larger than my boat.

Look forward to coming along to my first meeting and hope to make July.

King Regards

Rob

Welcome to the club Rob.

I am like you, quite a novice when it comes to owning your own boat.

Most of my 40 years of sea fishing has been done like you from the shore with the odd charter thrown in for good measure.

Owning your own boat gives you the freedom to fish marks that give you a chance of some good fish that from shore are few and far between.

I also live In Christchurch and launch mostly from Wick so might see you down there some time

John biggrin.gif