Robson Green extreme fishing

Paul J

I missed the 2nd show but just caught up with it on here:

http://demand.five.tv/Episode.aspx?episode...ame=C5143910002

Its fishing in Alaska - some stunning scenery

PJ

I still think the idea for the show is great, but managed all of five minutes as he realy is the most irritating, terrible angling, awful presenting, soft actor ever to be considered for any other form of tv.

The programme is simply awful which is such a shame.

All I can say is no third series plllllleeeeaaaasse and I am so happy that Wire in the blood has been axed too. Maybe he will begin to disappear quietly off our screens....

Don't sit on the fence Tom!!! I take it you didn't like it. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I still think it's better than most of the rubbish that passes for entertainment nowadays!!

Edited by Brian

Well I like it and as people say its for entertainment and not for the serious angler, at the end of the day it makes a change for fishing on tele to be available for terrestrial tele and not just Sky.

Surely any publicity for our sport (however corny) is good publicity. Ok he's a gash angler but he's entertaining to watch and the public love him so why not take it as it comes.

PLEEEEASE ANOTHER SERIES!!!!

biggrin.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Dom

Bruv, the blokes a c0(k......... ph34r.gif and he aint entertaining.....Get sky and watch some proper fishing, albeit repeats dry.gif

and, a series put together by the godfather of fishing film making Hugh Miles who put together passion for angling was turned down in place of this crap (the series was Dream Fishing with Martin Bowler and having watched a few clips, it looks superb).

Edited by Gnasher

Surely any publicity for our sport (however corny) is good publicity.

Dom

That doesn't show our sport though.

We all make mistakes, some keep their catch, some release their catch, but there is one common thing that all real anglers stand by and that's a level of respect for the catch.

He can do nothing but harm for the sport as he doesn't show it as a sport.

This programme was first billed as a documentary and as such it should have been superb viewing. But as a documentary a decent, angling naturalist or even a general presenter who fishes would have been a far better choice.

This programme shows very little of the true culture of both fishing and angling around the world. It's little more than an ego trip for him. The few times the actual culture of the area begins to emerge, the presenter shys away from it to the point of wanting to avoid it.

Mr Green is not a presenter and he is not an sport angler regardless of what he likes to tell us.

IMHO opinion, he may be getting lots of exciting fishing trips for himself and he may be satisfying his ego, but he isn't doing angling any good at all as a sport.

I have been enjoying it for what it is over the last couple of shows but felt last nights New Zealand show was disappointing.

It was very tame or should i say lame as they missed some great opportunities to film the kingfish which the country is famous for. All we got was trout and rockfish sad.gifdry.gif

PJ

I agree Paul, last nights was dissapointing even for this show.

It showed some of the places we visited when we were there.

But considering the boats that they were using the fishing did not live up to all the hype at the start

Small tope and kahawai [Aussie salmon] hardly compete with Marlin and Kingfish

In fact the 2lb Kahawai he caught on the kite would make a good kingy livebait.

Charlie biggrin.gif