Article 47 - Fabulously Funny, But So True

TomBettle

Pete,

I for one appluade you and your work.

I must admit to being a little confused by the whole situaton. Not having alot of spare time, I find it hard to keep up to date with who is saying what, but it is alot of comfort to have someone such as yourself to speak on out behalf.

I try where and when I can to lobby MP's other others that I need to.

Paradoxically, I also side with some of what Tom and others say - it really is a whole nightmare which effects, what should be a gentle and basic pastime!

Well done.

Adam

Peter

I think you are taking this all a little too personally

Peter, I agree with Tom and if anything I have posted gives you cause to believe that I am targeting you personaly Then I appolagise unreservedly. Derek. ohmy.gif

I simply saw te video as a lighthearted look at an otherwise crappy situation.

I didn't even think of our own clubmembership at the time.

I would put money on all but Peter himself seeing it the same way.

Peter

I believe you are a first class conservation officer representative of most views in the club and I applaud your commitment to the cause. Most club members are not vocal on here so sometimes what is discussed will not be the general consensus. You will tend to find that those that do make a lot of noise rarely deliver so we as anglers do need people like you to fight our corner. Please keep up the good work.

Tom

How can you judge an organization that has only been formed for just a couple of months? indeed how can they do anything other than fail if all anglers held your view. Surely you must give em a chance before making rash statements. Peter is 100% correct in his assumption that individuals will fall by the wayside, get fed up, lethargic or just lose interest in lobbying. When that happens us sea anglers as a whole will be left high and dry with a carp rod in hand wondering what to do with it oh and a nice boat to plant flowers in cause no one will want to buy angling boats if there aren

I thought it was lighthearted but also misguided as it was aimed at those who are actually getting off their backsides and trying to do something for the sea anglers - or did I misinterpret it ?

It will be interesting to see of how many people voicing opinions on "Article 47" have actually read the thing ?

I certainly am not having my opinions determined by some video.!!

BTW Article 47 was discussed on Keith Arthur's Tight Lines programme. in a much more balanced way.

Geez guys

This was a bit of fun, as seen by the vast majority of people who have watched it and commented (some names known to us all who very very loudly fight are corner are on there and found it funny).

I have read Article 47 and I have been corresponding a lot with a number of MEP's and also the Chairman of CIPS along with many hundreds, possibly thousands of other anglers from a single website. Which, incidentally has more registered members than Angling Trust has sea angling members.

Peter, I have the utmost respect for you and what you are doing for conservation and our club, but I can assure you there are other ways to skin a cat.

I don't profess to have anything like the knowledge you have in this field and to be honest, I don't want it. But, I am extremely passionate about my pastime.

I want to be able fish without being told when and how. I don't have the answers, but I want to be represented by someone I have asked to represent me.

The NFSA did almost nothing for us yet I remained an indicidual member and a member through the club. We have now been swallowed by an organisation who claims to represent us all. Trouble is, all different arms of angling have different needs.

There was nothing personal in the video and I, simply lifted it from the "other" website as it was funny and needed sharing.

For godsake, lighten up, you have issues if you take it to heart.

I think you all need to get the rod from out of your back and relax a little.

It was fun, a joke, funny. You know when you lift the sides of your mouth and show your teeth, sometimes a little giggle comes out too.

A bit like this biggrin.gif